The purpose of the Native American Parent Advisory Committee (NAPAC) shall be to collaborate with the Rio Rancho Public Schools (RRPS) District in developing and implementing the most effective Indian Education program which responds to the cultural and academic needs of the RRPS Native American students in New Mexico.
RRPS Native American Student Statistics:
- RRPS has 1,964 self identified Native American students.
- RRPS has 886 Native American students with a 506 Form on file to qualify for Federal Formula Grants through the Department of Education Office of Indian Education.
- RRPS applied for and received $176,361.00 in Federal Funds for School Year 2018-2019.
- RRPS Federal Funds Award per Native Student is $199.05 to raise native student achievement equal to non-native student achievement
- RRPS Native Student population is growing, 792 native students in 2016, 827 native students in 2017, and 886 native students in 2018.
- RRPS also receives $25,000.00 a year from the State of New Mexico Office of Indian Education.
NAPAC Officers for the 2018-2019 SY:
Chairperson: Raymond Concho, Jr.
Vice-Chairperson: Enica Sanchez
Secretary/Recorder: Jolynn Pruitt
Treasurer: Dominic Pruitt
Public Relations Officer: DeeVonda Batres
Upcoming Scheduled District Meetings:
- Current NAPAC By-Laws
- RRPS Tribal Education Status Report 2017-2018
- RRPS Tribal Education Status Report 2016-2017
- State of NM Tribal Education Status Report 2016-2017
- NAPAC Email List Sign-up Form
- Send NAPAC Officers a Message Form
- New Native Parent Guide to the RRPS District (TBD)
This website is owned and updated by current members of the NAPAC.