The purpose of the Native American Parent Advisory Committee (NAPAC) shall be to collaborate with the Rio Rancho Public Schools (RRPS) District in developing and implementing the most effective Indian Education program which responds to the cultural and academic needs of the RRPS Native American students in New Mexico.
RRPS Native American Student Statistics:
- RRPS has 1,964 self identified Native American students.
- RRPS has 886 Native American students with a 506 Form on file to qualify for Federal Formula Grants.
- RRPS applied for and received $176,361.00 in Federal Funds from the Department of Education, Office of Indian Education for School Year 2018-2019.
- RRPS Federal Fund Award per Native Student is $199.05.
NAPAC Officers for the 2018-2019 SY:
Chairperson: Raymond Concho, Jr.
Vice-Chairperson: Enica Sanchez
Secretary/Recorder: Jolynn Pruitt
Treasurer: Dominic Pruitt
Public Relations Officer: DeeVonda Batres
Upcoming Scheduled District Meetings:
- March 12, 2019 / 5:00-7:00 pm at the RRPS District Office
- May 14, 2019 / 5:00-7:00 pm at the RRPS District Office
- RRPS Native American Pageant
Thursday, January 17, 2019
6:00 – 7:00 pm
Cleveland High School Concert Hall
- 12th Annual RRPS Pow Wow
Saturday, April 6, 2019
11:00 am – 10:00 pm
Cleveland High School Gymnasium
- Current NAPAC By-Laws
- RRPS Tribal Education Status Report 2016-2017
- State of NM Tribal Education Status Report 2016-2017
- NAPAC Email List Sign-up Form
- Send NAPAC Officers a Message Form
- New Native Parent Guide to the RRPS District (TBD)
This website is owned and updated by current members of the NAPAC.